|Broadmoor Hotel, Colorado Springs, CO|
|Broadmoor Bonanza 1949|
- Hotel Magazines – upscale hotels may have announced their guests or taken photos of guests and events published in the magazines.
- Hotel registers may be available.
- Many of these historic hotels have onsite archivists that may assist with your research through onsite art collections, donated antiques, and social history, etc.
- Photo negatives may be available to include honeymooners, and newlyweds.
- Photos of hotel events or hosts of large events (polo team meets, golf tournaments, etc)
- Employee Records
- Entertainment Records. You may find documents, photos and even contracts of entertainment events
County, state and local archives may also have important files on residents or guests of the historic hotels. By probing at the Broadmoor Spa in Colorado Springs, I was able to uncover awesome photos. The 1872 Sweet Springs Hotel Register was located in the University of Virginia, Claude Moore Health Sciences Collections Library.
|Omni Parker House by Susan Wilson|
|Warwick, Melrose Hotel, Dallas|