|Joliet (IL) Signal, 17 Aug 1847|
|Parks Canada Map|
Gross Île Quarantine Station
Visit Irish Central, The Ghosts of Grosse Ile. A monument was even erected in 1850 to honor those lost during the transport.
- Passenger Lists, 1865-1922, Library and Archives of Canada. The searchable database provides information on ship, ports and passengers.
- Immigrants at Grosse Île Quarantine Station,: Library and Archives of Canada. It is here that the researcher may find names indexed of ancestors that died at sea, hospital registers, burials at Grosse Île as well as births, baptisms and marriages that occurred at the Quarantine Station. There is also a comprehensive list of “names recorded on the memorial with ages and ship noted.
- Newspapers often named passengers and deaths.
- 1847, Grosse Ile: A Record of Daily Events, Andre Charbonneau and Andre Sevigny. A digital version may be located at the Family History Library.
- Irish Memorial, National Historic Site of Canada.