|Q: Could this be Mary Martha Morris (Bird Gross) Gudger?|
The Fashion Era Costume Characteristics
|Nola Morris Wells Jackson|
Edwardian Fashion, 1910
|Nola Bell Smith, Albert Bell and |
Jessica Gordon Wright, 1922
- wide round neckline collar (not high collar)
- low waist (not high waist, even if the coat fit her)
- raglan sleeves (at least not a set in high sleeve)
- may be an overcoat?
- decorative buttons (not subdued on belt or top)
- overlap front (hidden closure to coat)
I don't know who this person could be…[In 2005] I sent you 3 photos taken at Thanksgiving, 1922…[This] same person is in the background of [another] photo looking over my mom… The 3 photos were taken on the same day. Jane 29 Nov 2011
A good article written by Halvor Moorshead: Old Photos: When Was It Taken
My favorite online site: Fashion-Era by Pauline Weston Thomas and Guy Thomas.
Uncovering Your Ancestry Through Family Photographs
by Maureen Taylor, Photo Detective
Accurate, accessible answers.