- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) benefits do not cover all the funeral or cremation arrangements of honorably discharged veterans.
- You will need documentation to verify military service.
- A veteran’s family must request a United States flag.
- Military Funeral Honors ceremonies must be scheduled in advance.
- Veterans’ caskets are not free.
- A “Presidential Memorial Certificate” must be requested.
- If you choose not to be buried in a VA national cemetery, monetary burial benefits are limited.
- There are eligibility requirements for burial in a VA national cemetery.
- Headstones or markers for a burial space in a private cemetery must be requested.
- The issuance or replacement of military service medals, awards and decorations must be requested in writing.
Friday, June 28, 2013
10 Important Facts About Your VA Burial Benefits
At a3Genealogy we work closely with veterans and their families. But there are times when specialists can ease the process. The following VA Burial Benefits are outlined on the Dignity Memorial® website. Click on any of the points below to go to the website.
Professional Genealogy, Consultant
Posted by Kathleen Brandt at 8:37 PM